I’ve decided to make a list of what is important to me and what I want to get out of my life. Sometimes I get off the right path and I forget my goals. Sometimes looking forward is one of the best things you can do to feel better about your life. I’m stuck in a “rut” right now, and making a list like this might help.
• Family: I love my family. They care about me no matter what. They are always there for me. Somehow they are always there when I need them. Having a family is also a goal that I have. I want to be a great mom and wife when the time comes.
• Friends: I care about my friends. I want the best for all of my friends. I try to make sure they know I care about them.
• Teaching: I look forward to having my own classroom to develop an environment where every kid feels like they are wanted there. If I’m impacting at least one child’s life positively then I’m doing what I want to do with my life. Yes, the educational part of the job is also very important to me. I love to see students succeed. Seeing a little girl/boy get so excited for spelling someone right or doing a good job on something is one of the best feelings; always get goose bumps when that happens.
• Faith: God is the only person in the whole wide world who will ALWAYS love me, who will ALWAYS be there for me. When I feel betrayed by a friend, I know that Jesus is right there loving me and “holding” me. He is the only one that I NEED in my life. It’s so hard to actually believe this all of the time. Sometimes when I’m upset and feel alone I don’t always feel comforted because I block my faith out. Everyone needs some Jesus in their life to make them happy. I want to help people put Jesus in their life because they WILL need him.
• I want to make people feel loved. I don’t always do this because I’m selfish sometimes, but even if I don’t agree with a person’s life I want them to think someone loves them. I like leaving my roommate notes telling her to have a good day or something like that. I like to let my friends know I love ‘em! Loving others helps me love myself.
• I want to travel! I know that I will be living on a teacher salary and I obviously have a shopping problem, but if I learn to get my finances right then I’ll be able to travel somewhere! I have always wanted to go to Greece! I want to learn another culture and actually be PUT into their world.
• I want to be able to take time to smell the roses. This is something that I haven’t been doing lately. I’ve been busy or stuck on emotional aspects of my life that I shouldn’t be stuck on. I want to walk through life being able to stop and look at what a beautiful place God has put me. This is REALLY hard for me right now, but I’m working on it! 🙂
To end this blog I wanted to give you a quote that I ran across. Usually I always see the normal quotes that people use over and over again, but I have never seen this quote. I’m sure all of you have, but I really like this one. It’s from someone who actually means what they say too.
“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”
– Mother Teresa
Isn’t that quote cool? 🙂
What do you want to get out of your life??!! And by the way…this list did help 🙂
Do something good for someone else 🙂